Website NEWGEN PUBLISHING UK
Newgen Publishing UK is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We offer a comprehensive project management service for every kind of publishing project, and we are currently looking for project editors to come and work on our expanding list of educational titles. These exciting and varied roles will be vital to the education team in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our clients.
Hours: Full-time, based on 35 hours/week
This is a temporary full-time position. It would suit candidates with some previous publishing experience, who are looking to take their next steps in the industry. We are a flexible employer and applications for part-time working will be considered.
Applications close on 04/12/2020
- To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing clients, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To assist the production manager and/or senior project manager as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- Previous publishing experience, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes.
- Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
- Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful.
The Book Trade Charity offers financial support to people looking to enter the book trade but who may struggle to afford the costs of attending interviews and undertaking internships. For more information visit www.booktradeentrysupport.org