Website Newgen Publishing
Newgen Publishing UK is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. Part of the Newgen KnowledgeWorks group, we provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a project editor to come and work on our expanding list of education titles. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality digital projects for our customers.
This is a full time permanent position. Ideally, we are looking for editors with experience on digital products.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible/ remote working options will be considered.
· To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
· To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
· To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
· To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
· To support project management and delivery of digital content and work with hybrid onshore and offshore teams.
Skills, qualifications and experience
· Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
· Ideally, candidates should have digital editing expertise and /or be fluent in a European language (French, Spanish, German).
· Previous digital publishing experience, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes.
· Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
· Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful.