Website Newgen Publishing
Newgen Publishing UK is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire, with opportunities for remote working up to full-time. Part of the Newgen KnowledgeWorks group, we provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to come and work on our expanding list of education titles. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our customers.
This is a permanent full-time position. It would suit a candidate with publishing experience, ideally with an editorial background, in the education sector, who is looking for a senior project management role with key account and line management responsibilities.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
- To manage one or more of the education team’s portfolio of projects, with support from the Education Director and Portfolio Managers. This will include cultivating relationships with key contacts, attending regular customer review meetings, with accountability for costing for and allocating resource for new projects, setting up project documentation, carrying out job studies, and acting as a point of escalation on live projects.
- To schedule and manage the editorial stages of largescale multi-component publishing products, or a portfolio of products, with project teams typically managing projects from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To provide costing and resourcing estimates for project proposals and to proactively manage and control budgets on live projects.
- To manage project teams comprising freelance project managers and in-house project editors/managers on largescale multi-component publishing products.
- To line manage in-house project editors/managers, providing pastoral and project support, identifying training needs and enabling career development and progression.
- To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in, and often leading, meetings.
- To add value for our customers by identifying potential project risks and issues as early as possible and proactively managing these by offering possible solutions based on publishing experience and knowledge.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- Accountability for ensuring project teams collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To contribute to workflow development and documentation, ensuring processes are tailored to customer need.
- To assist the Education Director and mentor project managers/editors as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- Experience working in a project management role within educational publishing.
- Line management experience.
- Demonstrable financial acumen.
Closing date 7th January 2022